The pumkin patch tarantula is a heavy webbing dwarf species from columbia. With its docile temperment and simple husbandry, they make for a great beginner tarantula. Though a terrestrial species they will often make intricate webbed burrows both above and just below the sustrate. The pale orange and black "pumpkin" pattern on its abdomen paired with its tendency for being out and about make this a great display tarantula. They are fast growers and fierce eaters, often darting to the front of thier burrow when sensing disturbance.
- Scientific Name: Hapalopus formosus (ex Hapalopus sp. columbia)
- Common Name: Colombian Pumpkin Patch
- Type: Terrestrial
- Category: New World
- Endemic Location: Colombia
- Diagonal Leg Span (DLS): 4” (10cm)
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Lifespan: Male (3-4 years) Female (8-10 years)
- Recommended Experience Level: Beginner
Hapalopus formosus 1/8” (Pumkin Patch Tarantula)
- Be Sure to choose the correct shipping method
- Orders placed by Saturday (Noon) will be shipped the following Mon, Tue, or Sat until our schedule is full.
- If you would like to add to your order you can do so by selecting the *free shipping* option and uncluding your current order #. Additions must be ordered by saturday at noon to be included.
For the safety of the animals we ship, we will ship only to a FedEx center for pickup if your temperatures are low or high.
The Molting offers a live arrival guaruntee. If the unfortunate circumstance occurs where a specimen is DOA, please reach out to email@example.com and we will work out a refund usually resulting in store credit, free shipping on future purchase, or refund for the value of the specimen